Toyota Kata addresses the question “How can we lead our companies so they will survive and thrive long term?”
Since the future lies beyond what we can see, the solutions that we employ today may not continue to be effective. So it is not the solutions themselves – whether Lean techniques, today’s profitable product, or any other – that provide sustained competitive advantage, but rather the ability to understand conditions and create fitting, smart solutions. Toyota Kata is the routine to develop this capability in the organization, and is both a key factor in Toyota’s long-running success and a core responsibility of its leadership. Briefly put – Toyota Kata channels and utilizes the capabilities of all its members in order to strive for continuous improvement better than our traditional management methods. Join us for a “learn, share and do” opportunity.
In this session you will learn …
- Hear and see how companies are utilizing the Toyota Kata methodology of the Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata to coach for daily continuous improvement.
- Review the Toyota Kata slide material covering:
• The Improvement Kata: A scientific 4-step iterative PDCA routine that addresses only those obstacles which lie on the path of a trajectory that leads to the achievement of short term Target Conditions that are in line with a long term Vision/Challenge.
• The Coaching Kata: A daily routine that utilizes The Five Questions to help teach the Improvement Kata thinking pattern and ensure that it is embedded within an organization via team accountability.
• Participate in a multi-round simulation that is progressively interwoven in with the slide material to make it easy to understand how the Toyota Kata trajectory components come together (i.e., Vision/Challenge, Current Condition, Target Condition, Obstacles, PCDAs and Coaching).