Interested in Specialized Training for Your Employees at Minimal or No-Cost?
by Casey Ellis
Texas Workforce Commission Offers Training Through Skills Development Fund
Employers, are you interested in your employees receiving highly specialized training at minimal or no-cost that might otherwise be cost-prohibitive?
Through the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), companies can receive funding through the Skills Development grant. This is Texas’ premier job-training program that provides local customized training opportunities for Texas businesses and workers to increase skill levels and wages of the Texas workforce. Success is achieved through collaboration among businesses, the community and technical colleges, workforce development boards, and economic development partners. Companies interested will need to work directly through their local community colleges or with TEEX to apply and administer the SDF grants.
To qualify for funding, employers must commit to ALL the following:
• Must report SSN to TWC for those receiving training
• Pay prevailing wages for positions in your workforce development area
• Required to provide a 1-3% pay increase during the grant to incumbent employees receiving training
• Pay any additional cost for training that exceeds the TWC approved price
• Not on a state warrant hold list
• Develop a comprehensive training and improvement plan
• Complete a Private Partner Information Form
• Not have participated in a TWC skills grant the preceding 6 months
If interested, please contact TMAC by phone at 713-357-4950 or email email@example.com